Buy Onion from 247foods.ng
Buy Onion 'Red' Half Basket from 247foods.ng. Onion is an important and indispensable item and can be found in almost every kitchen around the world. It is an important condiment and vegetable for Indians. The green leaves and bulbs are eaten either raw or used in the preparation of several recipes. It holds a great position in the Indian food market on account of its special characteristics of pungency and indispensability.
Buy Onion 'Red' Half Basket from 247foods.ng. Onions are used in soups, sauces and for seasoning foods. The small bulbs and shallots are pickled in vinegar orbrine. Onions, and other allium species (over 900 types of onion), are highly valued herbs possessing a lot of culinary and medicinal values.
Some of their beneficial properties can be seen after long-term usage. Onion is useful for the prevention of cardiovascular disease, especially since it diminishes the risk of blood clots. Onion protects against certain infections and stomach cancer. Onion improves lung function, especially in asthmatics. The more pungent varieties of onion appear to possess the greatest concentration of health-promoting phytochemicals.
Onions are a rich source of quercitin
1. It is the richest dietary source of quercitin, a potent antioxidant flavonoid (also found in shallots, yellow and red onions), which is found on and near the skin and is particularly linked to the health benefits of onions.
2. Quercitin thins the blood, lowers cholesterol, raises good-type HDL cholesterol, prevents blood clots, fights asthma, chronic bronchitis, hay fever, diabetes, atherosclerosis and infections and is specifically linked to inhibiting human stomach cancer.
3. It is also an anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and antiviral. It is also a sedative. So far, there is no better food source of quercitin than onion skins.
Detoxify your body with onions
1. Onions contain a variety of organic sulphur compounds that provide health benefits.
2. Sulphur-containing amino acids are found in onions as well as garlic and eggs.
3. These specific amino acids are called methionine and cysteine. Amongst other things, they are very good at detoxifying our body from heavy metals.
4. In fact, they are able to latch on to mercury, cadmium and lead and escort them out of the body.
5. Onions also contain vitamin C, which is excellent at detoxifying the body and is effective in removing lead, arsenic and cadmium. So increasing consumption of onions can help our body to get rid of these harmful metals.
Cancer prevention with onions
1. Studies have revealed that the antioxidants present in onions can protect us against cancer by reducing the DNA damage in cells caused by free radicals.
2. All onions and onion relatives (garlic, leeks, chives and scallions or spring onions) are rich in organo-sulfur compounds, which have been shown to help prevent cancer in lab animals.
3. In fact, an onion extract was found to destroy tumor cells in test tubes and arrest tumor growth when the cells were implanted in rats.
4. The onion extract was shown to be unusually nontoxic, since a dose as high as forty times that of the dose required to kill the tumor cells had no adverse effect on the host.
5. In addition, shallots have been shown to exhibit significant activity against leukemia in mice.
OTHER ONION BENEFITS
A small piece of onion can work against the side effects of fever if it is kept on the forehead. A small piece of onion when inhaled can stop or slow down the bleeding through the nose. An onion a day can cure insomnia or sleeping disorders.
This will surely give us a good night sleep. Onions can improve digestive system. If we have digestion problem, then onions can cure it by increasing the release of digestive juices.
Onion juice can cure burnt skin or an insect bite or a bee bite. It can cause a burning sensation when applied but can heal very effectively. We can protect ourselves from osteoporosis and atherosclerosis by consuming onions daily.