Buy clean and dry crayfish from 247foods.ng
Crayfish look like tiny lobsters and are typically between 3 inches and 6 inches long. Crawfish inhabit freshwater lakes and streams, and the presence of crawfish indicates that the waters they are in are relatively clean, since they rarely live in waters that are polluted.
Crayfish is very popular in Nigerian dishes. With its great taste and its essential vitamins and minerals. Cooked crayfish contains the abundant amount of vitamin B, copper, selenium, protein, iron, zinc, and amino acids. Hence, as crayfish is packed with essential vitamins and minerals, it will be beneficial to promote the overall body health.
Health benefits of crayfish
· Crayfish is packed with high-quality protein. A 5-ounce serving of crawfish contains close to 25 grams of protein.
· Crayfish are low in fat and contain only trace amounts of carbohydrates.
· Crayfish are high in B Vitamins and minerals such as Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc and Phosphorous.
· A 3-ounce serving of cooked crayfish contains 70 calories and 14 grams of protein.
· The average person eats 3 lbs. of boiled crawfish, which equals approximately 6-8 oz. of meat; 6-7 lbs. of crawfish is approximately 1 lb. of crawfish meat.
· Boiled crayfish are approximately 15 percent meat.
· When you suck the heads, you’re actually getting some of the fatty organ surrounding the brain that absorbs the flavor.
· It’s a good idea to soak the crayfish before boiling to wash off silt and mud, but you can skip the added salt bath. Purging crawfish by bathing them in salty brine doesn’t actually expel more mud.
· Like some seafood, crayfish is high in cholesterol. A 5-ounce serving contains close to 200 milligrams. The USDA recommends no more than 300 milligrams per day.
· Crayfish helps to promote good vision
· Crayfish helps to promote good health against depression.
· Crayfish helps to promote good skin.
· Crayfish helps to promote healthy brain
· Crayfish during weight loss
· Crayfish helps in body building
· Crayfish helps in the regulation of body fluids
· Crayfish helps in the development of strong body bones.
· Crayfish contains a good amount of iodine.
· Crayfish helps in treating inflammation.
· Crayfish helps in restoring dead body cells.
· Crayfish helps in boosting fertility.
Crayfish per 3 oz. - 85g serving
Fiber (g) 00
Omega 3 (mg) 9.8
Omega 6 (mg) 0.8
Vitamin A (IU) 1.4
Vitamin C (mg) 0.9
Vitamin K (mcg) 0
Thiamin - B1 (mg) 0
Riboflavin – B2 (mg) 0.1
Niacin – B3 (mg) 1.4
Pantothenic Acid - B5 (mg) 0.4
Vitamin B6 (mg) 0.1
Vitamin B12 (mcg) 2.6
Folate (mcg) 9.4
Choline (mg) 0
Calcium (mg) 43.4
Copper (mg) 0.5
Iron (mg) 0.9
Magnesium (mg) 28.1
Manganese (mg) 0.2
Phosphorus (mg) 204.9
Potassium (mg) 202.3
Selenium (mcg) 29.1
Sodium (mg) 82.5
Zinc (mg) 1.3
Crayfish are categorized by a joined head and thorax, or midsection, and a segmented body, which is sandy yellow, green, red, or dark brown in color. The head has a sharp snout, and the compound eyes are on movable stalks. The exoskeleton, or body covering, is thin but tough. The front pair of the five pairs of legs has large, powerful pincers (chelae).